Saturday, April 10, 2010

March 29, 2010 Visiting the Great Oracle...

It was a blustery day at work, but I knew I had to go see him. The Great Oracle, also known as our pal "Fibbs". Fibbs is the smartest person I know in the whole wide world about all things construction, landscaping or HGTV. P and I were absolutely perplexed on how to do the roof for the chicken run...and Fibbs is great at breaking things down Barney style, and topping off all conversations with a pep talk, so it was off to see the Great and wise Oracle I went.
I walked almost a mile I think...in and out of buildings, across bridges, against the pouring rain...barefoot...backwords...just kidding.
The smell of saw dust let me know I was close...I opened his office door and saw his wise face...happy to see me.
I pulled an office chair up to his wheelchair (gang fight)...(kidding), and pulled the wrinkled piece of paper out of my pocket. I made him a crude drawing of what we planned. Where the barn was, where we were planning on putting the run, dimensions etc. The Great Oracle got the look on his face that he ALWAYS gets when I share my ideas. Something along the lines of "Becky why the hell do you always want the biggest, craziest most difficult contraptions?" BECAUSE IT'S FOR YOUR 26 NIECES FIBBS!!! They need the best!
So he began to tell me what it would take to build my chicken run...I heard the words "lagbolts", "supports", "load supporting", and "every 6 inches". And that was only the first paragraph. My head began to swim and I asked for plan B. He said we could build the run and roof free standing so the posts held the weight and not our old barn. That sounded like a better idea. So I put in my order for a drawing and some Barney style directions and he said he would get on it.
I gave him a hug, and he said he was proud of us.
I headed back out into the weather feeling super smart....just because I knew someone super smart. Thanks Fibbs....for all you do, all your support, and for just being you. :)

1 comment:

  1. To the greatest of all Oracles...Thank you for all you do. B and I would be lost without you and we love you very much.

    ReplyDelete