Friday, January 21, 2011

The plan

Now that Big Tall and Studly and I are on the same page, I'm moving forward. The weather is still crappy for the most part, and I have no idea if we will be getting anymore snow.
I have put a deposit on two Nigerian Dwarf Does who I am supposed to get around my birthday at the end of April. You guessed it...they need a home. Their pen needs to be fenced, the back side of the barn needs to be re-done,and the inside needs to be framed and sheeted. I've received several offers for help and I've decided that so others can share in the magic of my farm, the first step is to let people be involved. So its on...
Also I am planning on starting my Bourbon Red turkeys this year. The minimum I can order is 15, and I think I will start with that to see how it goes. They also need a pen, but their home will be included with the remodel of the back of the barn.
Besides the girls, thats the animal plan for the year.
Any ideas for goat names? I will entertain all ideas. :)
I'm excited about the farm this year. I hope to finish the barn, plant a few more fruit trees, and get some fence up.
It is a new personal lesson for me to be able to acknowledge that I can use some help getting things going out here....but also a gift to realize so many want to be a part of my dream. And that's what Chasing Butterflies Farm is going to be about. Following dreams, and experiencing the magic.
Thank you to all of you who have offered to lend a hand...weither with a paint brush, to dig holes, put in posts or to help love all of my babies. You'll be hearing from me soon.
~Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment