Thursday, January 6, 2011

Something to ponder...

This last Monday, I was on my way to work at 5 something in the morning. I was trying to pump myself up to go back, after ten days off...secretly counting the 300 and something plus more days until I would have 10 days off again. "Think about all the people without jobs," I thought to myself..."that would trade you places right now in a heartbeat..." I straightened in the driver's seat peering into the dark on my way to what provided the roof over my head...the heat in my home, and the food in Mariah's and my mouth...
A story came on the radio about a woman who had cancer. She called her story "We all have an expiration date." It was about living life to the fullest, because you never know what tomorrow will bring. Tell your loved ones you love them. Call the ones you've been meaning to, but figured you would later get around to it. Jump out of that plane...go on that trip... Like the song says, "Live like you were dying".
I found out the same day that a very near and dear friend of mine found out her 5 year old son has Leukemia. One day they were all at home as a family, and the next day their world was turned upside down, and he was in a hospital receiving chemo. And you thought you had a rough day??? Just remember...when life gets tough...kick it in the ass. Rise above it and give it all youve got. Somebody somewhere has things a lot tougher than you do. Life is what YOU make it. Don't be a victim to circumstance. Little Hunter is kicking Leukemia's ass....
Give today 100%. And if you are lucky enough to open your eyes tomorrow. Give tomorrow 100%.
Isn't there someone you should be calling right now???
We all have an expiration date.

No comments:

Post a Comment