Monday, January 25, 2010

A little history...

I purchased this home in the middle of nowhere about 6 or 7 years ago with my ex-husband. It was in awful shape. It was a repo with plenty of potential....but it was nasty. It smelled like pee, puke and pot, and hadn't been lived in for about 7 months. There was furniture and vehicles scattered all over the 5 acres, and they even rolled their hottub down the hill. I kindly declined the extra furniture and the hottub when the realtor offered it. The house was also all pink...pink roses, pink siding, pink toilets...you get the picture. It also had a nasty thick blue shag carpet, holes punched in the walls and a fireplace insert that had been ripped out of the wall of volcanic rock....N-A-S-T-Y.
The property also had a 25x25 foot abandoned barn in back that had been built in 1984. I was only 7 at the time. The loft was wallpapered with little calendar pages from sports illustrated swimming suit issues of years past....and old horse manure and diapers....classy...
It didn't take me long to replace the carpet, the windows, the siding and the husband!!! :) I realized quickly they weren't my style and had to go.
I met Patty and we began this adventure....

1 comment: