Monday, January 25, 2010

Why "I ride my own white horse..."

A couple weeks ago, I was dinking around online, (which I tend to do when it is too dark to work outside, raining, or if the couch just seems to be more comfy than steel-toed boots,) and I found an adorable website. www.cowgirl.net I was looking for some cowgirl memorabilia and came across this awesome shirt. It simply said "I ride my own white horse" In translation I took it as I don't need some self appointed prince charming to sweep me off my feet...I can pump my own gas, change out my own light bulbs, my own car oil, my own tires...I can follow simple directions and program my own vcr/dvd player, put anything together, crawl in my own attic (shiver), and chop my own wood...actually Patty chops the wood...but she is sooo good at it I don't want to take that from her... :)
Anyway "I ride my own white horse" is an attitude we have decided to live by...a mantra if you will...Don't get me wrong....we have several wonderful fellas who help us out....and I am sure they will all be mentioned later on...But we make a practice of pullin up our boots, and giving it our best shots first....No damsels in distress in this here castle....and for crying out loud no freakin man caves....

1 comment: