Sunday, February 20, 2011

Not a cloud in the sky...

What an incredible day yesterday. I woke up around ten, which I never do...but Friday night had been a late one for me!!! A friend of mine from work invited me to an Italian cooking class in Gig Harbor. We had a blast! Thanks for getting me out of the house Karen! And thanks to MFC for joining me last minute!!!
So I woke up Saturday morning to this weird thing called the sun blaring through my window. I groaned and looked at the clock and halfway rolled out of bed. The dismount wasn't pretty. I halfway fixed my hair, and threw on some clothes. The way this thing called the "sun" works around here...is one minute its there, and the next minute its gone. So I wanted to take advantage of it before it disappeared. I drove into town and got a caramel macchiato. I felt a twinge of guilt, so I got a tea too. That way I would have the yummy caramelness, AND get my dose of antioxidants. :) I headed to the feed store and stocked up for all the animals and headed home. I had my sunroof open so I could see the blue sky, and cranked up the country radio station.
When I pulled into my field, I decided to leave the windows open and the radio on. I traded my slippers for my boots, which were still in the car from the night before, and jumped on the riding lawn mower. Hello my old friend. I had no intention of mowing the field, but my compost bins needed some "green" before I added more shavings from the coop, so I did a couple of laps, and raked up the clippings for the compost bin. I then let the girls out and started cleaning the coop. Well, to make a long story short, I was down in the barn for 4 hours. It felt good to be in it again! Between cleaning the coop and nesting boxes, and taking breaks to sit in the sun and watch the chickens, the time went fairly quickly. When I was done I was absolutely filthy. I closed everything up and jumped in the Tahoe. I went to start it and "click click click". Are you f*ing kidding me? I tried again. "Click click click". Well I guess that's what I get for rockin out while cleaning out the coop. I don't think the radio would have killed the battery alone, but I noticed my blue tooth had been activated the whole time too. I didn't even have enough juice to close the windows and sunroof. But the music was still playing!!! I grabbed what I needed and walked up to the house. I text my good friend James, and he came by to save the day about an hour later, and did his best to not make fun of me. He also brought his wife Becca, and their son Tyler. They had all just got back from the zoo, and Tyler loved to see the chickens. He called them "Bird" and when I showed him two eggs, he said "Egg" and tried to grab them from my hands.
All in all it was a great day. Hope I have more blue skies in my future. :)
**A new post was entered for the beginning of January. It is called "Something to ponder" and for some reason didn't post until today. Thanks!**

No comments:

Post a Comment