Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The dump

It was time again....Dixie had been parked on the side of the barn for so long that the vines had started to grow up inside her door. (It has only really been about 6-8weeks, but weeds are one of those things I'm freakishly good at growing.) We filled Dixie up with our junk from our various projects and headed out. On the way down the back dirt road I felt something cold and wet on my hand. I flung it toward Patty, (reflex I swear) and she screamed and slammed on the breaks. It was then that I saw she had a green tree frog on her knee, and I started yelling, "It's a frog!" over and over so she didn't think it was a tarantula or something. Poor thing had probably been living in the truck. So she caught it and let it go out the window, and we continued on our way.
We stopped at Starbucks, (duh) and went to the dump. It smelled quite ripe when we pulled into our spot. I started to pull the tarp off the truck when the guy next to me got out of his Chester Molester van and said, "Wow! If I had one of those camera phone things, I would take your picture! I have never seen a woman at the dump before, and my wife won't come with me, and she won't let me bring my sister..." (I didn't ask...the whole thing was too weird for me.) So P and I kept unloading the truck. One of the bags was huge, and when I threw it, it splashed me in the face. I about gagged. I wiped my face with my sleeve and tried not to think about what just hit me in the face. We kept goin and when we were done we went to get the oil changed. It had been 2 years, but Dixie was still within the 3000 miles! The guys at Oil Can Henry's said she was quite the farm truck. Everything in her was top of the line. We looked at each other and shrugged. P asked if they would check her belts...she screeched all the time turning and starting. It didn't bother me...and old truck is an old truck. P said it was embarrasing....I figured she (Dixie) thought she was on Dukes of Hazzard....
After the oil change we headed home...

No comments:

Post a Comment