Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A little help...

Well, instead of paying to fix the lawn mower, P had faith we could take it on ourselves. We ordered new blades, and last Saturday when I was working, she called me and told me that she had taken the deck off the lawn mower. (She knew better than to take that on when she was home alone, but she never listens!!!) She couldn't get the blades off...no matter what she tried. My friend from work Arnie offered to come help. He tends to feel a little fatherly, and since I had given him 3 huge bags of chicken poop the weekend before, I think he figured it was a nice way to pay me back.
So he came over and brought my other old friend Howie to help! Howie retired from the shipyard over a year ago, and it was so good to see them!! So they swapped out the blades, and then Arnie beat the crap out of the deck with a sledge hammer to get out the dent Mariah had put into it when she drove it into the creek bed... :/
It was quite a production to put the deck back on...and at the end there was an extra cotter pin. We looked at the manual and found a spot that was missing one.
Patty then gave it a test drive, (I figured the safest place to be would probably be riding it...) Considering it had old gas in it...it kept dying. Every time it died Patty would yell at the top of her lungs, "*$!@ JOHN DEERE!!!" Howie and Arnie thought it was quite funny...Me, well I'm used to it. :) We came to the conclusion that with a little gas treatment, the lawn mower will be as good as new. I hope to be able to mow this weekend!!! Thanks Arnie and Howie!!! and Patty Lou too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment